Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Think I Can, I Think I Can

Remember that lovely children's story about the train who couldn't make it up the hill, so he starting chanting, "I think I can, I think I can" ? If you've never read the story, google it out , it's called The Little Engine That Could. The next time you hear someone saying "I can't do it," get and tell them the story. Talk about how attitude makes all the difference. From now on ,whenever someone says "I can't do it," or is afraid to try something new, you can simply say "I think I can" to remind the person of the story. So when someone especially yo family member is about to jump into a pool to swim a scary face that they don't think they can swim, it only takes  a few words to inspire them. You don't have to sit down and talk about how much you believe in them, how they should think positive and do the best they can; you can simply look them in the eye, smile, and say, "I think I can," 

No comments:

Post a Comment